Monday 19 March 2012

Hypotoxic Diet Part 2

So where am I at with this hypotoxic diet? Well things have been difficult recently. My intestines have been worse than ever and my asthma and allergies have been on the increase and my moral hasn't always been the best. I contacted the naturopath that's been following me and he assures me that it takes several weeks for the gut to adapt to eating so many raw foods (I'm aiming at 50-60% raw foods a day) and that I may feel worse before I feel better. I did know that from all the reading I have done that symptoms can be worsened as the body tries to get rid of so many toxins so I'm sticking with it. Not always easy but I'm trying to think long-term...

I have also restarted my bentonite clay drink in the mornings. If I have that many toxins to get rid of, the clay will help absorb them so they don't go back into the body. I have a teaspoon of clay in a glass of water and drink it all down.You have to wait a good half hour before having breakfast though so I drink it as soon as I get up and then get ready before I have breakfast.

As for what I'm eating on a hypotoxic diet, as I said before I'm basing it on something between Dr Joshi and Dr Seignalets diets. They have a feww other things but because of my research into True Gluten and other intolerances I have, I have finished up with the things below. Hope that helps.


Hypotoxic Diet

Vegetables                  all except tomatoes, raw mushrooms, potatoes, aubergines, sweet peppers
limit: cooked carrots, pumpkin, squash, parsnips
Fruit                             banana not too ripe, apples, pears, berries (raw or compote without sugar)
limit: other fruit once a day
no dried fruit
Proteins                      chicken, turkey, fish, (except tuna) once a day
beef, lamb, pork, gluten-free sausages (twice a week)
no cold meats or seafood
                                   eggs
Dairy                           no dairy whether it be cow, goat or ewe
except plain yoghurts, feta
                                   rice milk, coconut milk and cream
limit: soya milk
Grains and flours        brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa
                                   GF pasta (preferably brown rice), GF rice crackers, GF buckwheat crackers
                                    limit: cornflour and cornstarch, soja flour
Legumes                    all dried peas, beans and lentils
Nuts and seeds         all except peanuts and pistachios
                                   all grains: pumpkin, flax, sunflower etc
Oils                             all except peanut, corn, soja
                                   prefer premier pression vierge à froid
Condiments                none except cider vinegar (unpasturised unfiltered if possible=
Sugar                          none (including aspartam etc)
exception: Stevia,
limit: honey, agave syrup, GF 70% dark chocolate
Drinks :                       herbal tea (without caffeine), still water, green tea, rice milk

 
Basic rules
No gluten
No sugar: glucose, lactose, fructose etc
No yeast
Eat as much raw food as possible


Supplements to take
  • Pro-biotiques
  • Extract of Grapefruit seeds – start with four drops three times a day after meals and increase gradually until 15 drops three times a day
  • Aged garlic
  • magnesium
  • calcium
  • vit D

No comments:

Post a Comment